Unit 12 Life is full of the unexpected. 单元检测卷附答案
21．He asked me _____ during the summer holidays.
A. where I had been B. where I had gone C. where had I been D. where had I gone
22. What ___ Jane ____ by the time he was seven?
A. did, do B. has, done C did, did D. had, done
23. I ______ 900 English words by the time I was ten。
A. learned B. was learning C. had learned D. learnt
24. She ______lived here for ______ years.
A. had, a few B. has, several C. had, a lot of D. has, a great deal of
25. By the time my parents reached home yesterday, I _____ the dinner already.
A had cooked B. cooked C. have cooked D. was cooked
26. She said she __________ the principle already
A .has seen B. saw C. will see D. had seen
27. She said her family _____ themselves ______ the army during the war.
A. has hidden, from B. had hidden, from
C. has hidden, with D. had hidden, with
28. By the time he was ten years old, he _________.
A. has completed university B. has completed the university
Ｃ. had completed an university D. had completed university
29. She had written a number of books ______ the end of last year.
A. for B. in C. by D. at
30. He _____ to play ____ before he was 11 years old.
A had learned, piano B. had learned, the piano
C. has learned, the piano D. learns, piano.
31. What _______ Annie ____ by the time he was ten?
A. did, do B. did, did C. has, done D. had done
32 .He ___ in the factory for three years before he joined the Army.
A. has worked B. works C. had worked D. will work
33. By the end of last week, they ___ the bridge.
A. has completed B. completed C. will complete D. had completed
34. Ben hates playing _____ violin, but he likes playing ____ football.
A. a…the B. the… the C. / …the D. the…/
35. By the time he was 4, he ______ a lot of German words.
A. had learned B. has learned C. learned D. learns
36．I had sold the ticket when she came.（改否定句）
37. She had sung a song to us before she danced.（改否定句）
38. They began to climb the mountain after they had bought all the food and drinks.（否定）
39. By 10:00 a.m., I had been very hungry. （改一般疑问）
40. Lucy had already completed the project when I arrived.（改一般疑问）
41. By the time he got to the airport, the plane had taken off. （改一般疑问）
42. He had broken his arm when I saw him.（对划线部分提问）
43. When he had read the note, he ate it. （对划线部分提问）
44. Jack didn’t go to the cinema because he had seen the film. （对划线部分提问）
45. We had had the toys for ten years before we gave them to the child. (划线部分提问）
When I was about six years old, my brother David and I visited our aunt, Mary. We stayed in her house for a night. David was only 4 years old, and was still 46 of the dark., so Mary left the hall light on when we slept.
However, David 47 the grey moths(蛾) flying around the hall light. He asked Mary to make the moths go away. When she asked 48 , she simply said, “Because they are ugly and scary, I don’t like them.” Mary laughed and said, “Being ugly outside doesn’t 49 not being beautiful inside. In fact, moths are one of the most beautiful animals in the animal world.
“Once, the angels (天使) were 50 . They were sad because it was raining heavily. The 51 little moths hated to see others so sad. They decided to make a rainbow(彩虹) to cheer up the angels. They thought if the butterflies(蝴蝶) 52 , they could make a beautiful rainbow together.
“Then one of the moths went to ask the butterflies for help. Bu t the butterflies didn’t want to 53 any of their colors, so the moths decided to make a rainbow themselves. They beat their wings very hard and the colors on them made a rainbow. They kept giving a little more and a little more 54 the rainbow went across the sky. They had given away all their colors except grey, which didn’t match the beautiful rainbow.
“Then the once-colorful moths became 55 . The angles saw the rainbow and smiled…” My brother went to sleep with that story and hasn’t feared months since then.
46. A. afraid B. sure C. proud D. happy
47. A. liked B. hated C. let D. killed
48. A. how B. what C. when D. why
49. A. mean B. make C. know D. hope
50. A. laughing B. playing C. crying D. talking
51. A. kind B. angry C. ugly D. sad
52. A. refused B. advised C. helped D. left
53. A. give up B. pick up C. turn up D. look up
54. A. unless B. until C. after D. since
55. A. red B. yellow C. green D. grey
“When can I get a cell phone?” The answer is when your parents think you need one, though many kids seem to be getting them around age 12 or 13. Some younger kids may have them because their parents see it as a matter of safety and convenience. For example, a kid can call mom and dad when sports practice is over. And a cell phone can give kids almost instant access(快捷通道) to their parents if something goes wrong or they need help. It can give parents quick access to their kids so they can check on them and make sure they’re OK.
If you do get a cell phone, make some rules with your parents, such as how many minutes you’re allowed to spend on the phone, when you can use your phone, when the phone must be turned off, and what you will do if someone calls you too often, and so on.
You’ll also have to learn to take care of the phone in your life. Keep it charged(充电) and store it in the safe place so it doesn’t get lost. And whatever you do, don’t use it in the bathroom. I know someone who dropped her phone in the toilet!
56. Parents buy cell phones for their kids because ___________.
A. they think it is necessary
B. they think their kids are old enough
C. they have asked the author for advice
D. they want to follow their kids wherever they are.
57. The author r of the passage ___________.
A. wants to describe how children use cell phones
B. knows nothing about when children can have a cell phone
C. may have done a survey on kids using cell phones
D. has been a teacher for many years
58. Which of the following is true?
A. It is too young for kids of 12 or 13 to get a cell phone.
B. A cell phone is useful for kids and their parents.
C. The author is against the idea of kids to have cell phones.
D. Most kids are considering having cell phones.
59. Who is the passage most probably written by?
A. Parents who have bought phones for their kids.
B. Someone who does cell phone business.
C. A teacher who cares most about school safety.
D. Someone who works for children’s education.
60. Which might not be a rule for kids with a cell phone?
A. Keep it on all the time.
B. Make a call if something goes wrong.
C. Don’t use it in the bathroom.
D. Take care not to lose it.
Every morning, the newspaper chief editor(主编) holds a meeting with the reporters. They discuss the main events(事件) of the day. Reporters are then sent to cover the events.
As soon as the reporters know what to write about, they get down to work. They telephone people and fix a time for a face-to-face interview with them. Sometimes they do telephone interviews. Checking information is very important. They go to the newspaper’s own library to look up any information that they need. This is called “doing one’s homework”.
At the same time, the picture editor decides which photographs will be used for the next day’s paper. All the people who work on a newspaper must be able to work fast. Reporters have to stop working on one story and start working at once on the important new one. They must find out the new information as quickly as possible. Later in the day, everything is put together at the news desk. Reporters return, type their stories into the computer and hand them to the editor.
The chief editor decides which will be the most important story on the front page. Sometimes this will have to be changed if something more important happens late in the day. Other editors read the stories which the reporters have written and make any necessary changes.
Finally, there is no more time left for adding new stories, and the time for printing(印刷) the newspaper has come. This is done on fast-moving printing machines. The newspapers are then delivered(发送) by truck, plane or rail. Speed is important. People want to buy the latest newspaper; nobody wants to buy yesterday’s.
61. What is the work in a newspaper office like?
A. Interesting and confusing B. Important and patient.
C. Particular and necessary. D. Fast and busy.
62. According to the passage, the right order for a reporter’s work is ____________.
a. writing stories b. doing interviews c. joining in a discussion
d. doing homework e. handing stories to the editor
A. cbade B. cdeab C. cbdae D. cadbe
63. The front page contents(内容) are decided by ___________.
A. the importance of the events B. how well the stories are written
C. the knowledge of the chief editor D. whether they are the latest
64. Word editors’ work is to ____________.
A. help the chief editor with the morning discussion
B. decide when and how the papers can be printed
C. read the stories and make necessary changes
D. get together information from reporters and photographers
65. The best title for this passage is “____________”.
A. How a newspaper is produced B. How newspapers are delivered
C. What kind of papers readers like D. Whose work is more important
66. We _________ (paint) the house before we _________ (move) in.
67. That rich old man _________ (make) a will before he _________ (die).
68. They _________ (study) the map of the country before they ________ (leave).
69. The robbers ________ (run away) before the policemen_______ (arrive).
70. I ________ (turn off) all the lights before I ________ (go) to bed.
71. Paul ________ (go) out with Jane after he ________ (make) a phone call.
72. Tom _______ (say) he _______ (read) the book twice.
73. Our plan _________ (fail) because we ________ (make) a bad mistake.
74. When the chairman _________ (finish) speaking, he ________ (leave)the hall.
75. The Reads ______ (have) lunch when I __________(get) to their house.
Unit 12 Life is full of the unexpected.
一．21-25 ADCAA 26-30 DBDCB 31-35 DCDDA
二．36．I hadn't sold the ticket when she came.
37. She hadn't sung a song to us before she danced.
38. They didn't begin to climb the mountain after they had bought all the food and drinks.
39. Had you been very hungry by 10:00 a.m.?
40. Had Lucy completed the project when I arrived yet?
41. Had the plane taken off by the time he got to the airport?
42. What had he done when you saw him?
43. What did he do when he had read the note?
44. Why didn't Jack go to the cinema?
45. How long had you/we had the toys before you/we gave them to the child?
三．46-50 ABDAC 51-55AGABD
四． 56~60 ACBDA21 61~65 DCACA
五．66. had painted... moved 67. had made ... died
68. had studied…left 69. had run away…arrived
70. had turned off …went 71. went …had made
72. said …had read 73 failed …had made
74. had finished …left 75. were having/had had …got