Unit 13 We are trying to save the earth!训练案
1. There are three _________ on the boat. 在那艘船上有三个渔民。
2. Let’s go swimming __________ going hiking.
A. as well as B. in order to C. instead of
3. He used to ________ in a small village, but now he has been used to _______ in the big city.
A. live; living B. live; live C. living;living D. living; live
4. I think you can _________ (负担得起) to buy a refrigerator（冰箱）。
5. Not only the students but also the teacher _________ (be) invited yesterday.
6. Great changes ________ _________ ________ (take place) in my village in the last 10 years.
7. Those books aren’t useful. You can __________.
A. throw away it B. throw it away C. throw away them D. throw them away
8. I can _______ my Englsih ________ ________ _________. 我能充分运用英语。
9. The building ________ ________ _________ (pull down) by the local government yesterday.
10. It is important _________ people _________ learn team spirit.
A. of; of B. of; to C. for; to D. to;to
11. Now the number of Chinese people woriking in Africa _________ more than one million.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
12. You ________. Don’t talk on the phone.
A. will drive B. are driving C. were driving D. have driven
13. A talk on American culture _________ in the school yesterday.
A. gave B. was given C. has given D. is given
14. The girl often ________ cold when she _______.
A. catches; dances B. catches; dances C. catches; dances D. catches; dances
15. Look, they ________ a good time, ________ they?
A. have; do B. have; don’t C. are having; are D. are having; aren’t
16. The boy ________ English on the radio when I ________ his door.
A. learned; was opening B. was learning; opened C. learned; opened
17. A young man ________ her while she ________ her work.
A. watched; was finishing B. was watching; finished
C. watched; finished D. was watching; wwas finishing
18. You _________ me waiting for two hours. I __________ for you since five.
A. kept; waited B. have kept; waited C. kept; have waited D. have kept; have waited
19. Stay away from junk food. It’s bad for us, ________ for children.
A. recently B. especially C. probably D. nearly
20. He will ________ _________ _________ (参加) a chess match next week.
21. We can’t be successful _________ we keep working hard.
A. if B. unless C. because D. when
22. – When will you come to see me, Dad?
-- I will go to see you when you _________ the training course.
A. finished B. finish C. are finishing D. will finish
23. – What are you going to do this Sunday?
-- I ________ yet.
A. won’t decide B. didn’t decide C. haven’t decided D. don’t decide
24. – When shall we meet again, this afternoon or tonight?
-- I don’t mind. _________ time is OK.
A. Either B. Every C. Neither D. Both
25. – Tom and Jack? I didn’t believe they could do the work.
-- _________, but they really did it well.
A. So did I B. So I didn’t C. Neither did I D. Me too
26. There _________ a sports meet next Saturday.
A. is going to have B. are going to have C. is going to be
27. There is _________ “w” in the word “woman”, and _________ “m” is the third letter of the word.
A. a;an B. an;/ C. an; the D. a; the
You may think there is only sand in the desert of the world, __28__ it is not true. In the desssert, as we know, there is a little __29__, but it is not __30__ for most plants. Still we can see some plants __31__ in the desert. There is __32__ in some places in the desert. We __33__ these places pases. In the oases, there are villages and towns. People grow ___34__ kinds of crops in the fields there. People ___35__ live outside the oases. They have camels, sheep and other animals. These animals depend ___36__ the desert palnts for their food and not do not need ___37__ water.
The ___38__ are useful to the desert people in many ways. They eat the meat and drink the milk of the animals. They use the camels for carrying water, food, tents and something else.
The people of the desert have to keep moving from place to place. They must always look ___39___ grass or desert plants for their animals. When there is no more food for their animals, they move to another place. The desert people are friendly. No man in the desert would ever refuse __40__ the people in trouble and give them food and water.
( ) 28. A. and B. but C. or D. so
( ) 29. A. rain B. rains C. wind D. winds
( ) 30. A. good B. good enough C. enough good D. enough
( ) 31. A. live B. to live C. lives D. lived
( ) 32. A. stones B. plants C. wood D. water
( ) 33. A. say B. tell C. call D. find
( ) 34. A. every B. all C. a D. one
( ) 35. A. also B. too C. either D. still
( ) 36. A. with B. in C. on D. by
( ) 37. A. a little B. few C. much D. any
( ) 38. A. water B. plants C. crops D. animals
( ) 39. A. at B. for C. up D. after
( ) 40. A. help B. helps C. helping D. to help